Header

Image Map

Friday, August 30, 2013

holaTUBE: Sailor & I - "Tough Love" [electronic / orchestral pop]

As I try to enjoy the last few days of my summer here in Murcia, Spain before returning to work, I'm suddenly forced indoors to seek shelter from the only thunderstorm I've ever seen pass through these parts. Luckily enough, being locked inside under a roof is the perfect excuse to trade in the sun and bathing suit for the internet and headphones, so I'm writing my first blog post of August.

Considering my bleak summer finale, I have discovered the ideal theme song to help me through it all. Stockholm, Sweden's singer/instrumentalist/producer Alexander Sjodin premieres his moody orchestral pop production with the solemn-yet-enlightening video for his first single "Tough Love" under the moniker Sailor & I. Through his smoothly layered vocals, Sjodin sheds light on the dark realities of his failing relationship with his wife. The helplessness and disparity of it all is summed up in the lyrics, "Sometimes I start a fight just to see if you care", and brought to life with the addition of cinematic strings and building percussion.

The video features former Olympic swimmer Peter Prijdekker, who battles, in slow-motion, across a desolate lake and cold forest to reach the inevitable finish line, which holds for him hope and a new beginning—the eventual outcome of any dying relationship.

Download the Tough Love EP here and check out the video below.



No comments:

Post a Comment